Here are a few of this week’s “must reads” from our feeds:
50 of the Best Twitter Guides, Stats, Tips and Tools of 2010 (So Far)
Here’s some of the goods:
- Total volume is approaching 50 million tweets per day.
- Women slightly outnumber men, and one-third of Twitters are in the 25-34 year-old age bracket.
- Thursday is the busiest day of the week on Twitter, and the highest click through rate on tweeted links occurs between 2 and 3pm.
- Tweets that include links are far more likely to be retweeted than tweets without links.
Five Reasons Why No One Is Reading Your Email Newsletter
- Pure self-promotion won’t work — make it useful.
- Your tone of writing is critical. Record yourself if you have to, but connect with your own unique voice.
- If you can’t get your head around structure, use customer stories.
- Don’t be half-hearted about promotion — give a strong call to action.
- Without consistent frequency, your customers will forget who you are even if you do everything else right.
- Barcelona Declaration of Measurement Principles
- Distributed Influence: Quantifying of Social Media
- Social Marketing Analytics: A New Framework for Measuring Results in Social Media
- Analytics Is King
- Brand Savant