Fenton is a leading public-interest communications firm with offices in San Francisco, Washington, D.C., New York, Los Angeles, and London. At Fenton we develop and execute strategic communications campaigns on political, environmental, public health, education and social justice issues. We also provide media relations, branding, communications planning and digital media services to our nonprofit and foundation clients.
This is an excellent chance to learn the ropes of public interest communications for an undergraduate or recent college grad. Interns support a variety of accounts, but candidates that have communications experience and show passion for working with diverse communities are of particular interest.
This exciting opportunity has growth potential and is for those interested in pursuing a career in progressive communications. It will allow the successful candidate to work with, learn from and be mentored by experienced professionals.
Interns are responsible for coordinating various administrative, media and research aspects for assigned clients. Our ideal candidate has completed public relations coursework, and/or completed related internships. Public service, political or organizing experience is a plus.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building media lists and maintaining media databases
- Monitoring news media and social media; compiling reports/summaries of coverage
- Conducting research on media markets, issues areas and new business prospects
- Utilizing common Web tools to help build-out and implement online campaigns
- Social media implementation with sites such as Facebook and Twitter
- Conducting communications audits using Google, Lexis-Nexis, Radian6 and other Internet tools
- Pitching reporters, producers, editors, bloggers
- Proofreading/copyediting documents
- Assisting account staff on other activities as needed
Send cover letter, resume, and proposed start date to DCIntern@fenton.com with “Your Name-Internship” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
Women, people of color and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Fenton Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.