Fenton is a leading public-interest communications firm with offices in Washington, D.C., New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. At Fenton we develop and execute strategic communications campaigns on political, environmental, public health, education and social justice issues. We also provide media relations, branding, communications planning and digital media services to our nonprofit and foundation clients.
This is an excellent chance to learn the ropes of public interest communications for an undergraduate or recent college grad. Interns support a variety of accounts, but candidates that have communications experience and show passion for working with diverse communities are of particular interest.
This exciting opportunity has growth potential and is for those interested in pursuing a career in progressive communications. It will allow the successful candidate to work with, learn from and be mentored by experienced professionals.
Our internship program presents its participants with a tangible opportunity to nurture and use the skills needed to succeed in a career centered on progressive communications with an emphasis on digital strategies. Successful candidates will be mentored under real world working conditions by accomplished professionals as they create and implement industry leading communications strategies. Ideal candidates must have the following characteristics:
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Loves problem solving
- Enjoy taking on new challenges in a creative environment
- Media, digital and issues enthusiast, because we’re a bunch of geeks for all of that
It would also be awesome if you have experience with:
- Google Analytics
- Adobe Creative Suite
A digital fellow is responsible for assisting account staff with various digital, administrative and research activities. Essential responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring news media coverage and social media and analyzing results
- Utilizing online metrics tools to report on statistics for websites, social media sites, email campaigns and online advertising
- Conducting research on various issues, campaigns and organizations using Google, Lexis-Nexis, Readian6 and other tools
- Conducting stakeholder interviews
- Community management on platforms such as Facebook and Twitter
- Assisting with paid digital advertising
- Developing presentations and designing materials using a number of digital tools, such as PowerPoint, InDesign, or Photoshop
- Joining meetings and taking notes
- Taking part in and leading creative brainstorm sessions
- Sharing cool finds about media, issues or the web that can help improve our work
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and proposed start date to DCIntern@fenton.com with “Your Name-Digital Internship” in the subject line.
People of color and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Fenton Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.